Monday, July 7, 2008

No Frickin Way --

So I think I might pass out, quit breathing, throw up, or quite possibly die.

I signed up for this Messenger Team for the Melissa Etheridge Information Network to promote her tour. With the crappy economy they are doing everything they can to get ticket sales up. You email them with your membership number and which concerts you are going to, then they send flyers to the nearest kinkos, and you pick them up and distribute them around town. It was pretty cool to walk up to the counter and say you were picking up a package from the Melissa Etheridge Promotional Team.

Part of the deal is that you were eligible for a drawing for seat upgrades or a souvenir package if you joined the team. Very cool, but unlikely I thought because there are tons of people doing this.

I left my cell phone at home today, but when I checked my messages this afternoon there was a message from the MEIN that my name had been drawn for my choice of a meet and greet with Melissa or seat upgrades. I thought I was going to pass out. I started crying and my coworker was like what the heck, but I couldn't talk. I composed myself long enough to call my mother (who loves this sort of stuff), and to call the lady back to get details. I have good seats to both concerts (yes, I'm going to both the Seattle concert and the Eugene concert :) so of course I chose the meet and greet (DUH!) It is going to be a very intimate setting, about 5 or so people and Melissa, a couple hours before the show and each person gets a couple of private moments with Melissa (close your eyes Mom!) and you can have her autograph 1 item. Plus, I should be able to give her the 'I Am Awake' necklace I'm making (I know that is soooo first grade, but what can I say, I'm obsessed).

Needless to say, I have not accomplished anything at work this afternoon, I am completely freaked out and floating around on a pink (or should I say rainbow) cloud.

Holy Crap.

1 comment:

kari said...

holy crap, that is sooo awesome! i hope you post pictures of the crafty necklace before you give it to her...